Pages

Thursday 16 August 2018

The big rubbish clean up: Term 3 recount


WALT: Structure a recount

Rubbish pickups are not interesting at all, but today it was so different. It seems like doing a yucky job could be actually Fun. Don’t you think?

It all started in the morning when I sat down in the classroom. I hear my teacher blabbing about stuff, when he then tells us we have go pick up rubbish at the reserve and then right after that do a recount. From then heaps of thoughts were in my head “Aren't recounts boring?” “Ughh why do we have to pick up rubbish!” “Boring~” . We lined up in a kind of squiggley line outside the porch.  Our first location was a little space on the reserve. Mr Goodwin blew his whistle signalling us to go! We started screaming like crazy picking up rubbish as we went. I picked up some plastic and some chip packets and put them into the bag. After we finished on both of the reserve spaces we `\moved on into picking up rubbish on one of our school fields. There was so much rubbish! We were a bit embarrased so we had to work hard at picking it all up. I picked up again some plastic, loads of paper, and even loads of cracker packets on the playground.

Finally we were finished! We all came and sat down in our group lines. We all looked at our bag getting excited and nervous about who would win. I bragged a little to everyone next to me “Your bag looks little, our bag looks the fullest. Haha!” Mr Goodwin said Haare was going to be a jugder of our bags. She picked up my groups bag after judging another group that was next to us, I constantly kept thinking getting nervous and getting more and more curious “Hmm your bag looks pretty full. She shook the bag looking inside it “yep good looking rubbish too.” I felt so proud. She looked through the rest of the teams bags and saw some intresting things like: Bark, Jandals, Socks and heaps other stuff. It was finally time for the results! She explained that it was really hard to pick the best team, I crossed my fingers and hoped for my team to win…”And to my concern my team won! "10 minutes of Cool Maths Games it is!" Mr Goodwin yelled.

Overall I really loved this experience, I loved being with my friends having fun and working hard as a team. I would really love to do these kind of things throughout the term again. Yes. I would recommend to do this with friends since you could have a lot of fun making challenges, and being commpetitive between others.

Task Description: For todays task I learned to structure a recount. I also went on an adventure of a big rubbish clean up! It was really fun since we had a prize too. You can help your community too by picking up rubbish. Thank you for reading my story!

1 comment:

  1. HI Chance,
    I love you writing. I remember when we went out to do that. I hope you do it and had lots and lots of fun

    ReplyDelete