Pages

Friday 7 June 2019

Show Don't Tell - Literacy Work

Show Don’t Tell


It was terrifying. The loud gunshots blew my mind as many bodies suffered to the ground, crimson red blood gushing from their wounds.

I myself was impaired. There were alot of gun wounds around my hips. This wasn’t what I signed up for at all. A loud crash echoes through my suffering ears, another person shot.

Guilt raided through my body, I felt sorry for these people. I remember a soldier telling me last night about his kid who sent him about more than 100 letters saying he missed him. My eyes dissolve into tears, I weeped but the only thing heard were gunshots, they muted my disfigured cries for help.

That’s when my cries had been done for. My ears rang. My breath hitched. Was this the end? My body lay there lifeless. The only last thing I had saw was a poppy. It was very appealing. As I took my last breath, I mumbled “ Lest we forget. “


Task Description: In this writing task, we had been learning to show not tell. Show not tell is another way of saying having more detail. We had to put more detail into a message, letter, or something involved with the war. Here is my story.


No comments:

Post a Comment